Friday, March 13, 2009

Something Old, Something New...

I want to start something new. Here's my proposal. Every nine posts, I'm going to do a cliff-hanger for the viewers. The previous one may not always be the one that I continue, so I can fit in more. some I may not even continue at all, and some may be in the middle of a story from the beginning. (You'll be able to decide the continuing,ending, or beginning part. you shouldn't always have to depend on the author for stories... you can make your own!) Here goes...

...I scrambled forward in the unending inky nothingness on searching hands and knees now, a hint of panic in my ragged breath. They couldn't get the pearl! It would mean the end! But I could already feel my power slipping away... we were both dying... it would all be gone soon.
"Yes!" There it was! I reached for the pale blue, dirty, now glowing pearl canister.
But an irresistable, powerful wind lifted me into the air and brought me to the ground with such force I lost my breath. Two glowing, slithering golden ropes were binding me. I fought to get up, but a searing agony shot through my veins, forcing me to the dark floor.
"no..." I gasped. (That hadn't come out as powerfully as I had planned it to.)
The cold, unseen voice in the distance laughed heartily, and darkly.
"Bethsan hifaque' semmn!" (I wasn't sure where this came from, but I was pretty sure it meant either 'House of fish', or 'son of sorrow, eat mud!')
He snarled gently, then stepped into view, to see my now even more horror-struck, draining face, laughing mirthlessly.
"Brother," I whispered.
His face darkened again before returning to his half-satisfied, mocking grin,"I am no brother of yours. Back to our sheep: should I continue playing with you," he lifted a finger effortlessly and I rose, still bound, into the air as the pearl appeared at his feet. He smacked it with the butt of his knife and I gasped again, falling back to the ground."Or should I just kill you now?"

To be continued...
(maybe...)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home